Followers

Tuesday 4 September 2012

Heavy Hunter & Highland

The HEAVY HUNTER is one of the rarer moulds from the 1950s & early 1960s. I was very lucky to pick one up off ebay a couple of years ago - I've only ever seen one other.  Although he cost me in excess of £100, he's worth it to fill a gap in my collection.
He looks his age, though fortunately the latex has gone solid as a rock, which means he won't melt, but it also means I can't straighten his legs out!

The HIGHLAND Pony was on Julip's price list for a long time. Earlier versions appeared to be mares, whilst later ones were unmistakably male!  He was available up until the early 1990s but hasn't been seen since, which is a shame, as it's one of their better moulds.
The model above was purchased new from Julip in 1982.


No comments:

Post a Comment